The Surface Treatment and Finishing of Aluminum and Its Alloys, 6th Edition
Author: P.G. Sheasby and R. Pinner | Book and CD | Product code: 06945G | ISBN: 0-904477-21-5, 0-904477-22-3, 0-904477-23-1
Classified as: Aluminum Surface Engineering
Price: $477.00 Member Price: $405.00
A comprehensive review and guide to surface engineering-cleaning, finishing, and coating-of aluminum and its alloys. Includes in-depth coverage of anodizing and coloring treatments. Two-volume set, including CD.
Completely revised, expanded and updated edition of this classic work now comes with CD-ROM format included. Just about everything there is to know on the subject!
- Chapter 1. Aluminium, properties, alloys & finishes. History, overview, corrosion of aluminium & its protection.
- Chapter 2. Mechanical surface treatments. Blasting, polishing, grinding. Barrel & vibratory systems. Wheel polishing & buffing, chemomechanical polishing.
- Chapter 3. Electrolytic & chemical polishing. Electropolishing. Reflectivity.
- Chapter 4. Chemical Cleaning & Etching. Cleanliness testing. Cleaning methods. Rinsing, acid & alkaline cleaning. Chemical milling.
- Chapter 5. Chemical conversion coating & pretreatment films. Hydration, sealing, chromates, chromate-free processes, phosphates, silanes. Paint adhesion mechanisms.
- Chapter 6. Fundamentals of anodizing.
- Chapter 7. Decorative & protective anodizing, plant, equipment, processes. Mechanisation & special cases of anodizing. Chemical control & analysis of solutions. (End of Vol. 1).
- Chapter 8. Anodizing & colouring in architecture.
- Chapter 9. Hard anodizing.
- Chapter 10. Colouring anodic oxide coatings with dyes & pigments.
- Chapter 11. Sealing anodic oxide coatings.
- Chapter 12. Properties & testing of anodic coatings (thickness, porosity, hardness, density, adhesion, abrasion resistance, flexibility, stress, elasticity, sealing quality, corrosion resistance, electrical properties, optical properties, thermal properties. Tensile strength & fatigue effects. (emphasis throughout is on national & international standards).
- Chapter 13. Plating onto aluminium. Zincate, immersion tin & other treatments. Testing of electroplated coatings on aluminum.
- Chapter 14. Organic finishing of aluminium (painting, powder coating).
- Chapter 15. Vitreous enamelling of aluminum & tests for enamel coatings.
- Chapter 16. Effluent treatment from aluminium finishing plants.
- Appendix A. Composition & properties of most important US & European alloys, incl. aerospace.
- Appendix B. Finishing specifications. European, UK, French, German, Swiss, US standards.
- Subject index.
Format: Two-Volume Set and CD-ROM. Volume 1 ISBN 0-904477-21-5; Volume 2 ISBN 0-904477-22-3; CD ROM ISBN 0-904477-23-1
- Publisher: Finishing Publications Ltd. and ASM International
- Published: 2001
- Pages: 1387
- ISBN: 0-904477-21-5, 0-904477-22-3, 0-904477-23-1
Electronic Document Download
Many of our products are available via Electronic Download. To access an electronic (PDF) document that has been purchased, the document will appear in MyASM>MyContent. (You must be logged into the website in order to access your purchased content).
You can also access your purchased document by searching for it and clicking on the "Download" button on the document's product detail page.
ASM International is proud to recognize UPS as our official courier. All items are shipped using UPS Ground Service for domestic service and UPS International for all other shipments. This allows us to provide our members and customers with the most economical, reliable and trackable shipping available on the market.
All orders of physical products (Books, DVD sets, etc.) include a shipping charge that is calculated based on weight and your geographic location. ASM International does receive a discount from UPS because of the volume of shipping we do and this discount is passed along to you directly.
Domestic shipments typically are received within 3-5 business days; international shipments take approximately 2-4 weeks depending on your specific location.
We are able to offer expedited shipping services on products that are shipped direct, should the need arise. Please contact the ASM International Member Service Center at 440-338-5151, ext. 0 or via email at MemberServiceCenter@asminternational.org for more information.
Also, in the event that your company has a corporate shipping account with UPS or FedEx, we are happy to use your account number for delivery of your products. For assistance with this option, please contact the ASM International Member Service Center.
Orders that are placed before 2:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time are typically shipped the same day. Please allow three to four weeks for other publishers' books.
Returns will be accepted for a period of 30 days after the invoice date for domestic orders and 90 days after the invoice date for international orders.
Returns must be undamaged and in resalable condition.
Returns made after the specified time frame will be charged a 15% restocking fee. The restocking fee will be deducted from your total refund amount.
Returns are made at the expense of the customer. Please use a shipper that allows you to trace the package. Shipping fees are non-refundable.
Materials Processing and Treatment | Surface Engineering
Metals and Alloys | Aluminum