Heat Treating Quality & Inspection Self-Study Course
Self-Study | Product code: 27341C
Price: $1400.00 Member Price: $1200.00
This course is designed to increase the technical knowledge of those involved in the heat treatment of metals and alloys. Emphasis is on process control and quality control inspection procedures, since both are necessary to provide heat treated products to meet industry standards and specifications.
Product development, quality control, design and process engineering, production, supervision, sales, and purchasing personnel involved in heat treating will find it a valuable technical education.
ASM's Elements of Metallurgy course.
1. Mechanical Testing of Heat Treated Alloys: tension and compression; hardness (macro and micro) impact; bend and fatigue
2. Nondestructive Inspection of Heat Treated Parts: liquid penetrant; magnetic particle; eddy current
3. Metallographic Quality Control in Heat Treatment: sample preparation (sectioning, mounting, polishing and etching); photomicrography; interpretation of microstructures
4. Hardening of Steel: proper hardening processes; quenching; hardening principles; isothermal and continuous cooling
5. Tempering of Steel: three stages; effect of temperature; time; composition and structure on properties; precipitation effects
6. Heat Treatment of Non-Ferrous Metals and Alloys: cold work, annealing and recrystallization; phase diagrams; heat treatment and mechanical properties
7. Instrumentation and Control I: measured variables; temperature; pressure; flow; furnace atmospheres
8. Instrumentation and Control II: indicating and recording instruments; process control; solid state devices; typical control systems
9. Furnace Atmospheres: primary furnace gases; prepared atmospheres; applications; carbon control; generating equipment
10. Surface Hardening: flame, induction hardening; methods, reaction and effect of carburizing; discussion of miscellaneous surface hardening methods
11. Induction Heat Treatment: fundamentals of heat treatment; equipment selection and processing parameters; technical considerations; applications
12. Difficulties and Imperfections Associated with Heat Treated Steel: types of imperfections or failures; cracking types and causes; other imperfections
13. Inspection Techniques and Sampling Methods; incoming, in-process and final inspection; quality control parameters; sampling; records; sampling risks
14. Process Quality Control: control charts; variability; statistical basis; imperfection parameters; capability and tolerance
Continuing Education Units: 3.0
Refund Policy for Online Courses(includes Self-Studies and DVDs)
For all On-line, Self-Study and DVD purchases sales are considered final. However a full refund may be given if requested in writing to ASM International Education within 30 days of purchasing an Online or Self-Study course. However, if the ASM International records demonstrate that the student has accessed more than 2 lessons online within those 30 days then no refund will be issued.