Chapter Career Center
Do you have a career opportunity you would like to post on our website?
LTK ENGINEERING SERVICES, one of the nation's most respected consultants to the railroad and rail transit industries, currently has an immediate opening in its Ambler, PA office or Brooklyn, NY office for the position of MATERIALS / METALLURGICAL / WELDING ENGINEER.
Candidates must possess broad-based knowledge of metallurgical engineering, with a strong background in welding design, specifications, and technology. Experience with structural stainless steel and other materials used in the manufacture of rail vehicles is required. Areas of knowledge and experience of particular relevance to this position also include specification of materials, structural design and analysis, design of castings, fatigue assessment, fracture mechanics, forensics engineering, corrosion engineering, and Non-Destructive Testing methods. Candidates must possess excellent analytical, English language written and oral communication skills, and work well in a team.
Minimum qualifications include an undergraduate degree in mechanical or metallurgical engineering and 10 years of related experience. Professional accreditations, NDT experience, other welding related certifications, and/or advanced degrees are desirable.
Moderate travel is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review mechanical / structural / welding related design submittals and prepare detailed, actionable comments of findings; participate in formal design review meetings and technical working sessions.
• Conduct reviews of material and welding related documents including certifications, test and inspection reports, weld procedures and qualification reports; conduct physical inspections of prototypes and first article equipment including and non-destructive testing.
• Lead failure investigation and root cause analysis studies, prepare client ready reports on findings.
• Lead or participate in quality assurance and manufacturing quality control audits.
• Witness mechanical equipment and/or structural components undergoing qualification testing, including; shock and vibration, and environmental testing.
• Develop technical specifications for mechanical equipment or structures as related to materials standards, workmanship requirements, welding standards, and non-destructive testing.
LTK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, offering attractive professional development and advancement opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume.
Link to apply: https://ltk.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=63