Web Content Display
Maintenance of Heat Treating Equipment Self-Study Course
Self-Study | Product code: 27321C
Price: $1400.00 Member Price: $1200.00
This course focuses on the maintenance of industrial furnaces and associated thermal processing equipment. Batch and continuous furnaces, both with and without prepared protective atmospheres, are included. Associated equipment is covered for atmosphere generators, vacuum and induction heating.
This course was designed to provide a supplement to several other available heat treating courses. Personnel enrolled in any of these courses, or involved in heat treating, would benefit from this course.
Continuing Education Units: 2.0
1. Ovens and Furnaces Operated Without Prepared Atmospheres: ovens; steam atmospheres in ovens; furnaces; high temperature furnaces; references
2. Maintenance of Continuous and Batch-Type Atmosphere Furnaces: furnace systems; metallic components; atmosphere control systems; quenching systems
3. Maintenance of Gas Atmosphere Systems: gaseous atmospheres and their components; gas generating equipment; trouble shooting
4. Salt Bath Equipment: description of salt baths; quenching furnaces; neutral heating and hardening furnaces; cooling systems; repair or replacement practice; furnaces for surface treatment; quenching and washing systems; ventilation; work supports
5. Maintenance of Vacuum Furnaces: physical principles; vacuum heat processing; designs and types of furnaces; pumps and pumping systems; insulation systems; ranges of vacuum; leak identification and correction; cycle control systems
6. Maintenance of Induction Heating Equipment: log keeping; quenching; temperature control; maintenance of inductors and quench systems; quality control; maintenance; power supplies and components
Refund Policy for Online Courses(includes Self-Studies and DVDs)
For all On-line, SelfStudy and DVD purchases sales are considered final. However a full refund may be given if requested in writing to ASM International Education within 30 days of purchasing an Online or SelfStudy course. However, if the ASM International records demonstrate that the student has accessed more than 2 lessons online within those 30 days then no refund will be issued.