Web Content Display
ASM Handbook Volume 15: Casting
Hardcover | Product code: 05115G | ISBN: 978-0-87170-711-6
Classified as: Casting Metals and Alloys
Price: $297.00 Member Price: $225.00
ASM Handbook, Volume 15 is a comprehensive reference on the principles and practice of metalcasting, covering fundamentals, process selection and parameters, and materials performance.
This reference work is designed for those who specify, manufacture, design or evaluate cast metal components. This broad-based collection of applied casting knowledge provides a valuable resource for students, educators, practicing engineers, and technical support staff.
The latest edition of Volume 15 updates and expands coverage on the principles and practices of casting in several ways:
- Melt processing methods and equipment are described for iron, steel, and aluminum in terms of fluxing, degassing, molten metal filtration, refinement, and modification.
- Solidification, process modeling, and filling and feeding concepts are updated to reflect the continuing improvements in casting methods and processing.
- The major methods of green-sand, no-bake, and shell molding are described further in individual articles. Additional articles are devoted to the foundry practice of cast iron irons, steels, aluminum, copper alloys, and zinc. Expert updates are also provided on many other significant casting methods such as high-pressure die casting, lost-foam, squeeze casting, semisolid methods, spray casting, rapid solidification, and low-pressure die casting of high-integrity product.
- Automation technology is addressed, and coverage on continuous casting of aluminum and copper are expanded.
- Updated articles are also provided on the specification, selection, and properties of gray iron, ductile irons, malleable irons, compacted graphite irons, high-alloy irons, cast steels, aluminum, copper, zinc, magnesium, cobalt, nickel, titanium, zirconium, and cast metal matrix composites.
Sections include: Introduction (History, Trends, and Purchasing Castings); Principles of Liquid Metal Processing; Melting and Remelting; Molten Metal Handling and Processing; Principles of Solidification; Modeling and Analysis of Casting Processes; Principles and Practices of Shape Casting; Expendable-Mold Casting with Permanent Patterns; Expendable-Mold Casting with Expendable Patterns; Centrifugal Casting; Permanent Mold and Semi-permanent Mold Processes ; High-Pressure Die casting; Cast Irons ; Steel Castings ; Nonferrous Casting Practices; Nonferrous Castings; Quality Assurance, Nondestructive Evaluation, and Failure Analysis
Srinath Viswanathan, University of Alabama, Committee Chair; Diran Apelian, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Rathindra DasGupta, National Science Foundation, Michael Gywn, ATI; John L. Jorstad, J.L.J. Technologies, Inc., Raymond W. Monroe, Steel Founders' Society of America; Thomas E. Prucha, American Foundry Society, Mahi Sahoo, CANMET Materials Technology Laboratory, Edward S. Szekeres, Casting Consultants Incorporated; Daniel Twarog, North American Die Casting Association
- Publisher: ASM International
- Published: 2008
- Pages: 1256
- ISBN: 978-0-87170-711-6
Electronic Document Download
Many of our products are available via Electronic Download. To access an electronic (PDF) document that has been purchased, the document will appear in Content. (You must be logged into the website in order to access your purchased content).
You can also access your purchased document by searching for it and clicking on the "Download" button on the document's product detail page.
ASM International is proud to recognize UPS as our official courier. All items are shipped using UPS Ground Service for domestic service and UPS International for all other shipments. This allows us to provide our members and customers with the most economical, reliable and trackable shipping available on the market.
All orders of physical products (Books, DVD sets, etc.) include a shipping charge that is calculated based on weight and your geographic location. ASM International does receive a discount from UPS because of the volume of shipping we do and this discount is passed along to you directly.
Domestic shipments typically are received within 3-5 business days; international shipments take approximately 2-4 weeks depending on your specific location.
We are able to offer expedited shipping services on products that are shipped direct, should the need arise. Please contact the ASM International Member Service Center at 440-338-5151, ext. 0 or via email at MemberServiceCenter@asminternational.org for more information.
Also, in the event that your company has a corporate shipping account with UPS or FedEx, we are happy to use your account number for delivery of your products. For assistance with this option, please contact the ASM International Member Service Center.
Orders that are placed before 2:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time are typically shipped the same day. Please allow three to four weeks for other publishers' books.
Returns will be accepted for a period of 30 days after the invoice date for domestic orders and 90 days after the invoice date for international orders.
Returns must be undamaged and in resalable condition.
Returns made after the specified time frame will be charged a 15% restocking fee. The restocking fee will be deducted from your total refund amount.
Returns are made at the expense of the customer. Please use a shipper that allows you to trace the package. Shipping fees are non-refundable.
Materials Processing and Treatment | Casting
Metals and Alloys