Web Content Display
ASM Handbook Volume 22B: Metals Process Simulation
Editor: David Furrer and S. L. Semiatin | Hardcover | Product code: 05281G | ISBN: 978-1-61503-005-7
Classified as: Computational Materials Engineering Forging ...more
Price: $297.00 Member Price: $225.00
This Handbook provides insight into the integration of modeling for simulation of manufacturing processing. The metals industry is moving toward an integrated computational materials engineering approach (ICME). This provides engineers with accurate predictions of material and process behavior to avoid or reduce costly trial-by-error and prototyping methods of development. The table of contents illustrates the depth and breadth of the processes addressed. This area of engineering has been advancing rapidly, accruing the benefits of reduced manufacturing costs and improved component design. This book serves as a reference to these developments.
Condensed Table of Contents:
- Input Data for Simulations -Flow Stress Measurements, Thermophysical Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermophyscial Properties (and Their Determination) for Solidification Models Grain Boundary Energy and Mobility, Crystallographic Texture, 3D Microstructure Representation, Solid Models for Simulation
- Simulation of Deformation Processes - FEM, Slab, and Upper Bound Methods for Deformation Processes, Forging,Bending and Forming Processes, Simulation and Modeling of Powder Metallurgy Processes, Press and Sinter P/M, Modeling of HIP, M/P Injection Molding, Compaction Modeling, Process Modeling of Higher-Density Consolidation
- Simulation of Solidification - Computational Analysis of the VAR and ESR Processes, Porosity during Solidification, Simulation of Casting and Solidification Processes, Cellular-automata Models for Solidification Processes, Solidification Heat Transfer Simulations, Simulation of Fluid Flow and Heat/Mass Transfer
- Modeling of Solidification Microstructures, Transport Phenomena for during Solidification Processes, Microstructure and texture formation during solidification
- Simulation of Machining Processes - Shearing and Blanking, Orthogonal cutting/chip formation (Includes Simulation of machining residual stresses),
- Machining Distortion in Nickel-Base Disks
- Simulation of Joining Operations - Integrated Weld Modeling, Simulation of Joining Operations, Rotational Welding, FSW, Diffusion Bonding, Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Simulation of Heating and Heat Treatment - Computerized Properties Prediction and Technology Planning in Heat Treatment of Steels, Heating and Heat-Flow Simulation, Quenching, Residual Stress Formation, and Quench Cracking, Stress-Relief, Induction Heating, Surface Treatments, Shot-peening Processes
- Induction Heat Treatment, Diffusion Coating Techniques
- Simulation of Phase Diagrams and Transformations - Application of Thermodynamic and Material Property Modeling to Process Simulation of Industrial Alloys, Commercial Alloy Phase Diagrams and Industrial Applications,Quantitative Prediction of Transformation Hardening in Steels
- Integration of Modeling and Simulation in Design - Design Optimization Methodologies, Propagation of Errors and Managing Uncertainty
This Volume joins the companion, Volume 22A, Fundamentals of Modeling for Metals Processing to provide a complete authoritative reference for the modeling practitioner, or the student or engineer beginning their quest for information.
- Publisher: ASM International
- Published: November 01, 2010
- Pages: 724
- ISBN: 978-1-61503-005-7
Electronic Document Download
Many of our products are available via Electronic Download. To access an electronic (PDF) document that has been purchased, the document will appear in Content. (You must be logged into the website in order to access your purchased content).
You can also access your purchased document by searching for it and clicking on the "Download" button on the document's product detail page.
ASM International is proud to recognize UPS as our official courier. All items are shipped using UPS Ground Service for domestic service and UPS International for all other shipments. This allows us to provide our members and customers with the most economical, reliable and trackable shipping available on the market.
All orders of physical products (Books, DVD sets, etc.) include a shipping charge that is calculated based on weight and your geographic location. ASM International does receive a discount from UPS because of the volume of shipping we do and this discount is passed along to you directly.
Domestic shipments typically are received within 3-5 business days; international shipments take approximately 2-4 weeks depending on your specific location.
We are able to offer expedited shipping services on products that are shipped direct, should the need arise. Please contact the ASM International Member Service Center at 440-338-5151, ext. 0 or via email at MemberServiceCenter@asminternational.org for more information.
Also, in the event that your company has a corporate shipping account with UPS or FedEx, we are happy to use your account number for delivery of your products. For assistance with this option, please contact the ASM International Member Service Center.
Orders that are placed before 2:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time are typically shipped the same day. Please allow three to four weeks for other publishers' books.
Returns will be accepted for a period of 30 days after the invoice date for domestic orders and 90 days after the invoice date for international orders.
Returns must be undamaged and in resalable condition.
Returns made after the specified time frame will be charged a 15% restocking fee. The restocking fee will be deducted from your total refund amount.
Returns are made at the expense of the customer. Please use a shipper that allows you to trace the package. Shipping fees are non-refundable.
Materials Processing and Treatment | Forging
Materials Processing and Treatment | Forming
Materials Testing and Evaluation | Computational Materials Engineering
Metals and Alloys