Web Content Display
ASM Handbook Volume 9: Metallography and Microstructures
Editor: George F. Vander Voort | Hardcover | Product code: 06044G | ISBN: 978-0-87170-706-2
Classified as: Metallography and Microstructures Metals and Alloys
Price: $297.00 Member Price: $225.00
Metallography and Microstructures, Volume 9 of the ASM Handbook, is an essential reference for anyone who specifies, performs, monitors, evaluates, or uses metallurgical analyses for production quality control, research, or educational training. The new edition is a comprehensive reference that features over 30 new articles with substantive updates on metallographic techniques and microstructural interpretation. Expanded and new coverage includes:
- New articles on field metallography, digital imaging, and quantitative image analysis, quantitative metallography, and color metallography
- All-new articles on the metallography and microstructural interpretation of cast irons, carbon and low-alloy steels, aluminum alloys, precious-metal alloys, titanium alloys, ceramics, and thermal spray coatings
- Substantially revised articles on metallography and microstructural interpretation of tool steels, stainless steels, copper alloys, powder metallurgy alloys, and cemented carbides
- Hundreds of new micrographs throughout the volume
- More integrated in-text citation of micrograph images with respect to discussions on preparation techniques and alloy metallurgy
- Updated coverage on specimen-preparation techniques for both manual methods and semi-automatic machines
- Practical coverage on sectioning and specimen extraction
- New and revised articles on structures from solidification and solid-state transformations
- Laboratory safety guide
- New expanded color section. More than 70 pages are in full color--eight times the amount in the previous edition!
Metallography and Microstructures is undoubtedly an essential reference for anyone with an interest in the analysis of metals.
- Publisher: ASM International
- Published: 2004
- Pages: 1184
- ISBN: 978-0-87170-706-2
Shipping & Delivery
ASM International is proud to recognize UPS as our official courier. All items are shipped out using UPS Ground Service for domestic service and UPS International for all other shipments this allows us to provide our members and customers with the most economical, reliable and trackable shipping available on the market.
All orders of physical products (Books, DVD sets, etc.) include a handling/processing fee and a shipping charge that is calculated based on weight and your geographic location. ASM International does receive a discount from UPS because of the volume of shipping we do this discount is passed along to you directly.
Domestic shipments typically are received within 3-5 business days; international shipments take approximately 2-4 weeks depending on your specific location.
We are able to offer expedited shipping services should the need arise please contact the ASM International Member Service Center at 440.338.5151, ext. 0 or via email at MemberServiceCenter@asminternational.org for these special services.
Also, in the event that your company has a corporate shipping account with UPS or FedEx, we are happy to use your account number for delivery of your products. For assistance with this option, please contact the ASM International Member Service Center.
Orders that are placed before 2:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time are typically shipped the same day. Please allow three to four weeks for other publishers' books.
Returns will be accepted for a period of 30 days after the invoice date for domestic orders and 90 days after the invoice date for international orders.
Returns must be undamaged and in resalable condition.
Returns made after the specified time frame will be charged a 15% restocking fee. The restocking fee will be deducted from your total refund amount.
Returns are made at the expense of the customer. Please use a shipper that allows you to trace the package. Shipping fees are non-refundable.
Materials Testing and Evaluation | Metallography and Microstructures
Metals and Alloys