2019 EDFAS Video Contest
Are you the next Scorsese... of Failure Analysis?
We hope so! Submit your 3 minute (or less) video about an exciting result or a scintillating artifact - anything goes as long as it relates to Failure Analysis! Your FA Community will judge them and recognize winners at this year's ISTFA.. Show off your filmmaking skills and FA prowess.
Format: WMV, QT, MPEG OR AVI format with a maximum size of 50MB. The video should be 3 minutes or less. Audio and subtitles are allowed. A short description should also be submitted along with all of your complete contact information.
Failure Analysts - Anyone working in the Failure Analysis field.
Students - Students currently studying in fields related to Failure Analysis (Physics/Electrical Engineering/Chemistry/Materials Science, etc.)
The video must be 3 minutes or less. It must be an original work and must contain only authorized content—including music, images, film clips, and other intellectual or copyrighted property.
All entries should begin with a 10 second full-screen “title screen” that includes the following information:
a) Title of Video
b) Lead Producer’s name
d) Abstract or description of the video
e) Total running time
- Must have title/author info throughout the video (footer)
- Must have a conclusion page (example: The End or Thank you)
- Sounds could be included.
- Each video must have one Lead Producer to serve as the main point of contact. Recognition and prizes will be given to the lead producer and all those listed as co-producers on the entry form.
- Copyright Signature. Entrants are responsible for obtaining any releases or any other permission or license necessary for the submission of their work for this contest and future publication. EDFAS and ASM International will have the right to exhibit, reproduce, and distribute in any or all of the entries. The entries will not be returned to the submitters. You will be asked to accept the Copyright and Permissions before you upload your video.
- No names or titles should be included in the abstract text. Names will be automatically hidden during the abstract review process and will be automatically inserted and properly formatted upon publication.
- Presenting authors will be automatically informed of the unique ID numbers and passwords assigned to their abstracts. Abstracts may be viewed and modified at any time between submission and the deadline, using the assigned ID number and password.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Videos must be submitted by October 21, 2019
e receives a $150 gift card and a 1st place winner plaque.
receives a $100 gift card and an award certificate.
receives a $50 gift card and an award certificate
: 2nd place will be awarded if total submission is more than 10; 3rd place will be awarded if total submission is more than 15
The top 10 entries in each category will be displayed at ISTFA 2019 in Portland, Oregon.
Win esteem and respect for yourself and your company by submitting the winning video. Lights, camera... ANALYSIS!