NEW in 2018
NEW in 2018
Join fellow attendees for special forums featuring NEW technologies, NEW market segments and NEW market trends.
MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT: NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND MARKET TRENDS
Monday, May 7
12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Join us for this highly interactive forum, focused on new technologies and market trends, including:
Environmental Impact of Coatings
Efficacy of Hybrid Spray Processes
Applications of Thermal-sprayed Coatings in New Marketings
Dr. Iver Anderson, Senior Metallurgist, The Ames Laboratory, US Department of Energy
Dr. Behrang Poorganji, GE Additive
Luc Pouliot, TECNAR Automation
Daniel Hayden, Hayden Corporation/Hayden Laser Services, LLC
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING PANEL SESSION: Metallic Materials Qualification and Component Certification
Tuesday, May 8
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Metallic Additive Manufacturing (AM) has the opportunity to provide the aerospace industry many benefits including component light weighting, increased system performance, reduction in component lead time and increased aircraft readiness.
Unlike forging and casting, which have had decades to create and fine-tune best manufacturing and testing practices to ensure materials and components will achieve the intended design performance and life, Additive Manufacturing is relatively new and the manufacturing, qualification and certification processes are still being developed.
This panel discussion of global AM experts across industry and governing bodies, will aim to cover the following topics:
Current efforts to develop the standards, qualification and certification practices to enable wider adoption of AM
Success stories of OEMs who have qualified and flown AM parts
In-process inspection and monitoring, non-destructive testing technologies
The most pressing challenges and risks that still need to be resolved, and how industry, standards organizations and governing bodies can work together to best define and overcome
Moderator: Jeff Grabowski, QuesTek Innovations
- Dr. Markus Heinimann, Arconic, Vice President of Engineered Products and Process Technology for Arconic Titanium and Engineered Products (ATEP)
- Matt Crill, The Boeing Company, PD Materials
- Dr. Rob Scudamore, TWI, Vice Chair of the UK National AM Strategy
- Ana Brandao, European Space Agency, Materials Engineer
- Dr. Michael Gorelik, FAA, Chief scientific and technical adviser for fatigue and damage tolerance
- Amber M. Andreaco, GE Additive, Principal Engineer, Materials Behavior
- Greg Welsh, NAVAIR, Metallic Additive Manufacturing Lead
- Christian Rückert, Airbus, Head of Materials & Processes Research & Technology
Chad Henry, GKN Additive, Metallic Additive Manufacturing Technology Engineer
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING: POST PROCESSING WORLD ROUNDTABLE
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
12:15 - 1:15 p.m.
This world roundtable will include post processing experts who will give their perspective on post processing requirements, trends, and recommendations for additive manufacturing. Panelists will include representatives from thermal processing, testing, surface finishing/machining, and a "voice of the customer.
Kevin Slattery, The Barnes Group Advisors
Ron Adams, Bodycote
Prabir Chaudhury, Exova
Scott Volk, Incodema3D
Behrang Poorganji, PhD
SPECIAL JOINT KEYNOTE PRESENTATIONS
Don’t miss inspiring messages and important updates from the following well-known industry experts:
- Richard Noble, Project Director, The Bloodhound Project
- James Ruud, Senior Principal Scientist, GE Global Research
- Tommaso Ghidini, Head of Structures, Mechanisms and Materials Division, European Space Agency
FULL ACCESS TO MORE THAN 500 TECHNICAL SESSIONS FOR TWO CONFERENCES – ITSC AND AEROMAT!
FULL ACCESS TO MORE THAN 200 LEADING VENDORS IN THE THERMAL SPRAY AND AEROSPACE WORLD, ALL UNDER ONE ROOF!