Professional Development and Education
ASM MEI (ASM International Materials Engineering Institute) is offering two additional courses in 2018. Both of which are open for signup today!
- Principles of Failure Analysis - a 9 week instructor led class beginning April 17, 2018
- Heat Treatment of Steel - a 9 week instructor led class beginning Sept 11, 2018
Both courses offer practical approaches to the subject and are ideal for those new to the field or that need a refresher course.
There is more information and signup links below. If you have any questions, please contact Mohammed Maniruzzaman (Maniruzzaman_Mohammed@cat.com).
Learning Opportunities: Principles of Failure Analysis Course – Starting Apr 17, 2018
The Peoria Chapter of ASM International’s Materials Engineering Institute (http://www.asminternational.org/web/peoria-chapter) is hosting an Instructor-led course on Principles of Failure Analysis. This course provides the knowledge to bridge the gap between theory and practice of failure analysis. A very practical approach to failure analysis is provided for those who are new to the field or those who want an update. It is also designed for technicians with the pre-requisites and those interested in understanding how knowledge of failure analysis can lead to better productivity. Causes of fractures are explained with diagrams of stress application and distribution. Many case histories of failures and their elimination are highlighted throughout the course.
· Who: Anyone from any global locations! The content could be especially useful for: Degreed engineers who are new to failure analysis or for those who want an update. Also, technicians with at least five years’ experience full-time in a failure analysis lab and who have knowledge of how to prepare and interpret microstructures and how to perform basic mechanical tests.
· When: Every Tuesday at 4:30-6:30 p.m.(CST) for 9 weeks, starting Apr 17, 2018
· Where: Technical Center, Mossville, Illinois, USA and via Skype/teleconference (The building/room location and the Skype/teleconference information will be communicated directly to those who register for the course.)
· Fee: $600 per person and is not due until after the sign-up deadline.
· Signup: deadline is Mar 20, 2018 and the form is available at https://goo.gl/bo4YYc. The course will be offered if there is enough interest and the registration and payment via ASM International will be opened after sign-up deadline.